To stay in the realms of the #simplechallenge savings challenge, here’s some ideas for free activities to do this weekend.
There are of course many more things you can do which you do not need money for. Be sure to leave in the comments what kind of free activities you like to do! I also learn from that!
Things you can do outside:
- Take a walk. Bonus: find a dog or cat to cuddle or take pictures of things you come across.
- Go for a bike ride. For me cycling is more of a mode of transport than a leisure activity. Still worthwhile because it gets you further then a walk.
- Swimming in a lake or the sea. Including building sandcastles and just chilling on a towel along the waterside. Bring on that summer weather!
- A picnic. Pack your lunch and eat it outside on a bench or rug.
- Gardening. Whether you have a garden or a balcony or a window with a windowsill. Start gardening. Gardening is good for you, you learn to understand nature better and the energy you get from the mud on your fingers is indescribable. (Here is a video of why having bare hands and feet in the mud is good for you).
- Request a waste grabber from the municipality and clean up the waste in your street.
- Go for a run!
- Make a campfire and heat up marshmallows.
Things you can do indoors:
- A board game! Super nice and cozy.
- A photo shoot. Do it alone or do a photo shoot together. Test the different functions of your phone or camera and learn which pose suits you best.
- Organize a clothes swap. Everyone brings clothes that he or she no longer wears often and see what you can wear from each other. A new wardrobe for free.
- Host a karaoke night. YouTube is full of karaoke versions of your best sing-alongs. A hilarious evening guaranteed;)
- Call someone you haven’t spoken to for a long time.
- Organize a potluck. At a potluck, everyone takes something to eat and you eat it together.
Things you can do on your own:
- Create a new (party) playlist on Spotify or wherever you listen to your music.
- Go watch the explained series on Netflix about money
- Rearrange your furniture.
- Clear out a closet or room (and sell what you no longer need).
- Put on some music and dance!
- Read a book from the bookshelf or the library.
- Bake your own bread.
- Prepare a dish with things from the pantry.
- Aim for inbox zero (archive and delete all your emails until your inbox is empty).
- Learn something new such as a language or an instrument.
- Spend an hour with pen and paper and plan your ideal future. Or turn it into a vision board. What can you do this weekend to achieve or get closer to your goals?
- Start your own blog about something you are good at or find interesting.
- Spread sweet comments on social media posts.
- Get lost on Wikipedia. Start on the home page and left click on random page and continue reading and clicking from there.
- Fix that annoying thing you never get to like that creaking door or stain on the wall.
What free activities are you going to do this weekend?
Until next time!